[amayausers] Re: needles

  • From: "Avalon Embroidery & Apparel" <avalonembroidery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:13:45 -0800

HI Ed!

so, how do you you know what your getting when you order needles?  For example
on the melco web site all the ball point needles are listed just as that...ball
point.  not light ball.  I have an info sheet that tells what type of backing
and needles to use on different types of fabric.  Almost all suggest a "light
ball point needle"

Let me ask you this.  What needle runs best on the amaya...for the majority of
the fabric that is sewn on...such as pique...fleece... denim..or cotton..75/11
ball point I am guessing?  I have had designs with small lettering and tried to
use a smaller needle to get the lettering look nicer (70/10 sharp) and ended up
with tons of thread breaks.   Would I have been better off with a 70/10 ball
point or even a 65/9 ball point?

Barbara