[amayausers.com] Re: Machine will not do anything!!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:51:07 UT

This message was posted by Stitch This Embroidery on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO
NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking
here: http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/482.html

I have an Amaya XT just 9 months old.  Yesterday I was stitching names on
soccer jerseys and the collar of the jersey got sucked into the bobbin area.  I
got everything out relatively uneventful.  Wasn't bad.  I put something else in
to stitch and the needle made horrible sound and broke.  I took the needle
plate off to observe and called Melco.  David sent me the instructions for
setting my rotary hook timing.  I decided last night to just turn everything
off and start fresh this  morning.  When I turn my machine on, it doesn't beep
or adjust itself or nothing.  Sometimes it quickly flashes x motor timed out.
I can hear the fan running.  The light comes on.  I cannot get it to move by
going into Maintenance -- Head Timing-- head up or bottom center.  Everytime I
go in these menus I get "Color change stepper index error - off index while
sewing."  Is there a reset button of some kind?  Why won't the machine do
anything.  Last night before I turned the machine off it was movi
 ng fine, I could change needle positions, could do head up and bottom center.
I turned off and then back on this morning and it won't do a thing.  Any
suggestions????  I still have the needle plate off and the screws loosened but
that's all I have done to the machine.

One last thing, if I push the EStop in and then release it, the dark gray part
(where you screw your arms into that hold your hoops) will jerk quickly to the
left about 1/8" but that's it.

Thanks for any help

Chrissy Henderson
Stitch This! Embroidery