[amayausers.com] Re: Machine will not do anything!!

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:38:47 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/482.html#000001

Chrissy,
First off, I don't recommend that most folks mess with their rotary hook
timing.  If in fact your hook timing was compromised by the soccer jersey, you
could have other troubles as well.
However, I do suggest you use those same instructions for "checking" your hook
timing.  But I could tell you what to look for just be standing in front of the
machine without any instructions.
Now, on to your bigger problems...
When the machine turns on, it must initialize with the computer.  Is there a
chance the network cable was disconnected for any reason.  Or if you are using
a "hub", does it have power applied?
Make sure the emergency stop button is not pushed in.
Also, make sure the software is open before turning on the machine.  Sometimes,
if the machine is on first and then you open the software, the two may not link
up correctly.
If you are, in fact, experiencing a serious problem, you would want to talk
with Melco's service department about this as your machine is still under
warranty.  Not saying the warranty will cover this but you also don't want to
cause any further problems by digging in areas you shouldn't as some customers
sometimes do.
Let us know what happens.
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer