[amayausers.com] Re: Machine drops last color in design

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:47:13 UT

This message was posted by Carolyn M on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/386.html

Is anyone else having this problem?  Periodically, my machine thinks on it's
own and decides that it doesn't want to use the last color that I've programmed
in.  It will sew the same design several times properly, then out of the blue
(or should I say, out of the "red"), it will drop the last color and sew the
last color of the design with the first color of the design instead.  Looking
at the computer screen, the color is still there assigned to the last color,
but it's sewing with the first color.  This happens without notice.  Sometimes
it's the first design of the day, sometimes it's the first design of the day
but the 4th run of it, sometimes it will happen later in the day.  I can delete
jobs and machines, but it will still randomly happen.  I always start my
machine fresh each day with a fresh 'force download' upon startup.  The only
way I found to stop this strange event from happening consistently, is to
insert an applique stop before the last color, then walk over t
 o the machine and push run again when it stops for the non-existant applique.
It never sews the wrong color after an applique stop.  Is anyone else having
this problem?  Melco says they've never heard of it, and give me the same
suggestions as for anything else--shut down, etc etc.  This is fine once it
happens, but doesn't prevent it from happening in the first place, and doesn't
prevent ruined garments. Is it only my machine that thinks it knows better than
what I tell it to do?   ;)