[amayausers.com] Re: Loud Noise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:44:30 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1309.html#000003

It is the cable tension.  You should have a tension guage that came with each
of your machines.  Go into the help menu in OS and type "cable tension" into
the search box.  The first thing that pops up in the results box should be
Amaya X-cable tension.  All you have to do is find the guage and follow the
instructions.  But (big but)- my version of OS 10 instructs me to turn the
cable instead of the nut at the end of the cable.  Turn the nut NOT, I reapeat
NOT the cable itself.  Turning the cable can result in it snapping.  Never had
it happen, but it just makes sense- turning the cable will twist it and make it
fray eventually.