[amayausers.com] Re: Leather Vest Help

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 00:23:01 UT

This message was posted by Carolyn on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/608.html#000004

Hi guys, ok i did the test on some scrap pieces of faux leather as this was all
i could find.  I tested using the recommendations from all of you and then the
ladies at my dealer.  Test one I did hoop the leather used a cutaway poly mesh
the letters were satin stitch with a underlay of running stitches(I guess).
Well that test was ok  but there was alot of stretching in the pleather.  Test
Two this time around i use the same letters with a 2 layers of cutaway and the
design looked great oh, i did not hoop though. Test 3 use same lettering with
only a single running stitch and one layer of cutaway and that stitched out
great to.  So now I will give it a try on the actual vest to see how everything
goes. I am not sure if I should use a fill stitch or just leave it at satin.  I
guess I should do a test on that to see how it looks.

Thanks to all
Carolyn