[amayausers] Re: Large Font for Carhart Jacket

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 10:12:25 -0800

You can use a font like Full Block at 1.5", column width around 115% w/ zig zag
underlay of 90% at 15 density.  Then you can copy/paste the lettering and setup
the 2nd lettering to sew backwards.  No underlay, settings at column width 30%
with 10 density.  This will hold down your satin stitches nicely so they will
never pull out but yet it saves you lots of stitches over coverting to fill and
in my opinion looks nicer than Fill lettering does.  Sometimes the 2nd
lettering needs to be looked at closely and maybe changed to wireframe to
remove some stitches that may not look too good.

I have attatched a sample design of what I am talking about in case anyone is
curious as to how this looks.  I don't normally put a color change in but I did
on this so you can see it better.  My old EDSIV software allows me to set this
up without copy/pasting and it does a better job cause it finishes each letter
as it sews as opposed to sewing it out first then going back over it.  I was
told this was a glitch in the program that was fixed in later.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, OR