[amayausers] Re: Labels

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:20:06 -0600

LiVawne,
Experience certainly helps and knowing how to edit a design and/or lettering
properly is usually a must. What you are describing is exactly why when I
digitize for someone, I specifically ask what types of fabrics they intend
to be using the design on. That way I can test the design on the same or
very similar material so I can customize the design for their needs.

As a digitizer, I also want as much information as I can get out of the
client. What machine are they using, Amaya vs. older Melco machines vs.
Tagima vs. Barudan etc..also what type thread, poly vs. rayon vs. brand etc
and what speeds they intend to run the design at.  Sometimes and especially
with the Amaya, because of the software options that are available to
customize to your own sewing needs, I will ask for  their experience  level
with the machine and software. Many times I have needed to explain how to
use some of the software options to achieve the best results  and will
include these as notes along with the digitizing.

The problem as I see it with pique knit is that there are so many types.
Heavy vs. lite vs. stitch pattern vs. grain etc....

I think finding  a rule of thumb for all the different types of pique
material or knit in general is kind of like searching for that pot of gold
at the end of a rainbow.

The only way to be really sure is to test  and adjust before you sew  the
real thing.

Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician/Owner
(Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing)