[amayausers.com] Re: Koozies

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:00:00 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/525.html#000001

Neoprene can coolers (Koozie is a tradename for one companies product) are
available in several different thicknesses.
 There is also 'foam' coolers, and I sold some 'insulated' coolers that were
nothing more than foam in a nylon 'shell' with velcro ends-so they opened flat
for decorating, folded flat for carrying-then just wrapped around the can or
bottle to use.
I screenprinted diving goggle 'strap backs' for a manufacturer up here and they
use 4 mil neoprene that is cut to shape and then 'merrow edged' like a patch.
Problem with the different type of neoprene is whether it is bonded to a cloth
layer or not. The goggle straps are bonded to several different colors-the
florescent green is bright. But my own neoprene wetsuit (LL Bean) isn't, or
else it is a real thin skin not sturdy like the straps. And I've had the
neoprene 'tear apart' right down the sewn edges on the gloves for the suit.
It's just like adding a perforated 'tear strip'-even worse if you embroidered
it. One tug of a cooler over a fat can and you end up with a patch and a cooler
with a hole!
If you can't get the job done through a company that has the capability...then
experiment first and I'll bet you have to overide the thickness density and
fill density.
Good luck!