[amayausers] Re: Jon DeKovics - best instructor ever

  • From: "Susan Davidson" <Sewfly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:24:51 -0500

Julie,

This is how I center the hat:

After hooping the hat, I check to make sure the seam is centered on the
machine.  After loading my design and selecting the hat hoop, I hit the
laser button, then I go to the "maintenance" tab, then select "bottom
center".  The needle drops down, and if it is in the center, then I'm good.
Then either a heads up or just the ok will bring the needle back up.

If I'm not centered, I move the hoop either left or right, usually a
fraction at a time.  Then I push the laser button again to look.  Next, I
drop the needle again, bring the needle up, etc.

I do this until I get the needle to drop dead center of the seam.  After
that, I worry about the trace as I can move the hoop up or down.

After awhile, just hitting the laser button, will let you know how far to
move the hoop left or right before dropping the needle.

Hope this helps and can be a shortcut to the centering of the hat.

Susan
Sewfly Embroidery