[amayausers.com] Re: I have an XTS that is all screwed up

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 01:34:34 UT

This message was posted by Posylane on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1228.html#000009

There was a scratch on the side of the spinning hook.  I didn't see it or feel
it (I wasn't looking there either) but our tech Jonathan just stopped by and
spotted it right away.

It seems that when the needle broke somehow two light scratches developed where
the thread pulls around.  When he pulled a thread taught and rubbed the
scratch, the thread cut clean through.

I live a learn, it won't get past me again.  And he gave me a crash course in
timing the machine as he put it all back right.

I was prepared to pay for the whole adventure, but it only cost me $50 and
Melco picked up the rest.