[amayausers.com] Re: I have an XTS that is all screwed up

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 04:41:56 UT

This message was posted by Posylane on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1228.html

My wife broke a needle into several pieces (don't know what happened, did not
hit hoop) and she thinks this is what kicked off the following problem.

When I got the machine, it would not even pick up the bobbin thread.  So I
cleaned it, changed needle, recentered needle plate, etc, and something fixed
that.  But it would now sew for more than 100-1000 stitches and the thread
would shred.  Not break, shred.

So I called Melco this morning and we both came to the conclusion the problem
is on the bottom of the machine (same problem on all needles we tried).

They sent me a document on checking and changing the timings and spacings on
the bottom.  So I did that, over and over and over.  Now all the spacings look
right according to the document, and they look like the second machine we have
that is running fine, but if anything the problem is worse.

I have felt around everywhere I can to feel a burr and don't feel one.  Our
tech is out of town till Friday.

Any ideas?