[amayausers.com] Re: How to get frayed/ragged edge letters

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:04:01 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1370.html#000001

I have done this.  I just sewed right in the centers of the columns.  I found
that, for instance, for the T, I had to sew all the way out to the edge and the
top cross piece.  And then down from that to the bottom.  Otherwise the letter
seems to shrink.  Also, I used a denim material which worked really well
because it frayed very well.  My letters started out 2" and ended up less than
that after fraying, so start out bigger.

Juli