[amayausers.com] Re: How to embroider knife sheath

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:10:50 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1201.html

Just a 'how'd you do that' explanation...
I have to embroider a Masonic logo on the 'flap' of a knife belt sheath. Heavy
vinyl sheath, about 2.5" wide already sewn together with a velcro flap to close
it. Set up the design, taped 3 oz. cutaway down to the bottom frame of my speed
frame system (3.5 x 5") and test sewed the image, then cut out around it to
leave a 'hole' in the backing. Stuck on a piece of heavy duty velcro cloth
above the image area. Now I could lay the knife sheath open on the backing and
the velcro would grab and hold it in place, closed the frame and also used a
small wedge clamp on the bottom. Sheath width and position was marked with a
pen on the backing, and away we went! Just have to be careful pulling the
sheath off the velcro so you don't pull the heavy backing off the tape.
Everyone came out perfect, client liked the first 5 so much they ordered 10
more the next day and plan on using the knife for fundraiser. I engrave their
logo and lodge on the side of the knife (it's like a Leatherman but
  all stainless steel). With the engraving, the sheath, embroidery, AND knife
it's only $10 to them...and I'm making more than a fair profit.
Amazing what fun you have with velcro and thinking 'outside of the box' to hoop
up something that won't work on any regular hoops!
Just thought I'd pass it on...