[amayausers.com] Re: How do I find a partner?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:31:42 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/10/113.html#000007

IF I had to rely on just the Amaya, we'd be bankrupt long ago...it has never
really made a profit! But it brings in jobs and helps me 'hang on to' customers
that might have gone somewhere else. The 'large' orders we farm out to Pat for
her 15 machines to do-I just do the setup and test. She can turn around a
couple hundred hats for example in a day...we can do 5 or 6 an hour. But we
also offer full screen printing, heat sealing, banners, table covers,
engraving, trophies, ad specialties...so there is very little that a customer
asks about we can't do. Yet there are STILL customers that are simply looking
for cheap prices with no regard for quality. We happily let the competition
take them-and every other year or so we have a new competition in town-that
bought out or took over the last one because they were losing money.
Network with your local chamber of commerce-donate a batch of hats for the
chamber staff, aprons for the Home & Trade Show if they do one, tote bags to
give out...we give them plastic bowls full of magnets, fridge clips, window
scrapers, always something to give away for us and they send us business. Not a
heck of a lot, small town, high unemployment and business's are hurting-but it
helps! We also use their mailing list and enclose a 'flyer' in at least every
other month's chamber newsletter-keeps us in mind. I don't do cold calls,
unless someone has to have me go see them I don't leave the shop-but we are
doing enough to survive. AND doing 'wholesale' work for other shops (not local
really, but across the country!) keeps my equipment running most of the time.