[amayausers.com] Re: How Much Time?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:48:29 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1506.html

I'm in an unusual situation for our shop and would like some thoughts on the
time it takes to embroider names on pique polo shirts.  I potentially have 80
pieces to digitize, hoop, embroider and then trim away the backing on.  I
estimate this will take 8-10 minutes per piece.  How far off am I?  Do you have
tips to help speed up the process?  Would you do all the digitizing at once(to
get consistent size on each name in the job)and then the embroidery?  Or
digitize and embroider each name before going on to the next?

-There is me.  There is no help.
-I typically work only on bed linens and towels, never before on knits.  We
have some 2oz cut away backing samples that should be enough to do the job.
-I'm using standard Melco round hoops and have multiple in each size.
-No fancy hooping aids, templates or anything else.  Of course, the shirts are
a variety of sizes and the names are all different lengths.

(Hugo, it's work politics.  I haven't suddenly lost my mind and started taking
in other products!)