[amayausers.com] Re: Hooping a Stadium Blanket

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:03:33 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/302.html#000001

I have used the blankets so I know what you are up to. IF you can get the
'bottom' of the hoop inside the zipper (I can't remember if it opens enough)
then slide the hoop into placement so your logo ends up in the middle of it.
Place it on a flat surface to make it easier, side you are going to sew on 'up'
and facing you.
Take the largest piece of backing the fits the hoop and spray one side with
adhesive lightly...work this into the blanket and stick it to the back side of
the side you want to embroider using the hoop as a guide under your hand. More
excess backing than needed helps so you don't have to be 'dead center'.
Now hold the top of the hoop above it and think carefully-which way is the
design going-do you need to have the hoop 'upside down' and rotate the design
to sew it? Remember which way is the blanket going to slide 'on' the nose of
the amaya...then place the top of the hoop and press down. Same thing I do with
jacket backs that have the 'port zipper' from Sanmar-you end up flipping the
design 180 degrees and the hoop frame the same.
IF this is what you end up doing, NOW FLIP THE DESIGN in Amaya BEFORE you do
anything else or you will end up with an expensive mistake.
TRACE design first and make sure all excess blanket is out of the way and the
backing stayed in place. If everything traces right-one more time-look at the
blanket and make sure the design will 'read' correctly when done.