[amayausers.com] Re: Help Metallic

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 01:41:55 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1245.html#000001

What kind of cap are you sewing on--structured or unstructured?  Is the
metallic thread sewing across seams?  If so, you may need to sew on "manual"
settings for material thickness settings and increase the material thickness in
those areas.  Slow the speed down even slower.  Are there a lot of short
stitches in those areas of the design? We sew all caps with a 75/11 DBXK5
needle and they all do just fine.  We have only had one cap that was a
stinker---the buckram was like a stiff fiberglass.  Lousy cap.
Sharon