[amayausers.com] Re: Hearing a hammering sound

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:29:44 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/777.html#000005

We just traded up to the XT but our Big Red would do this a lot in the
beginning, until Bob (we miss him!) told us the 'oiling' procedure was
revised-instead of a couple drops in the top rail, it was raised to 10 or
more-and to do it a lot more than needed if you use the same needles all the
time. It's the heat of the needle running constantly drying out the felt oil
pads down the shaft. When you don't rotate your favorite color threads to
different needles (red, black, white, blue, etc.) those needle 'pads' get dried
out fast and that starts the thumping. Pop open the magnetic panel, and also
add a couple drops near the bottom of each needle shaft. After a big run of
shirts or hats-add extra again to the bars for the colors used AND the shaft on
each side-those also dry out. Never had the noise again in 3 years!