[amayausers.com] Hat Cleaning Jig

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:09:33 -0800

OK went out and snapped some pictures of our Hat cleaning jig.
I hate spending time and money on something I can build myself.
Often doesn't look as nice as a store bought unit but it works.

A- We used a standard 4" toilet flange so we can screw it down to a table.
B- Then we bought 6" PVC plumbing parts. One "end cap" then one "elbow" and one
6" to 4" adapter flange and then
    we bought the smallest piece of 6" pipe that we could (1 foot) and cut it
so that we could glue the pieces together with
    the smallest amount of gap in between them that we could (to keep the unit
small) if you haven't used PVC glue before
    get instruction at the plumbing supply store, it's very easy but very fast,
when you put the parts together you have around 10 seconds
    to get the right position before it is locked for good.
C- Then we used a piece of now slip shelf liner (taped in place) but you don't
have to. and then slip the hat on
    back first then pull the bill up away form you.
D- Now as you can see you can have two hands free to clean or just rotate the
cap by the bill and clean the back too.

We built this for less then $20. and if you don't glue the unit to the base it
slips right on top and can rotate and then
pop it off when not in use and it's out of your way.
Hope this idea helps someone out there to try it or make your own creation!

Sincerely,
Ron Vinyard

Body Cover Design
420 SW H Street