[amayausers.com] Re: Getting closer to the brim

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:18:11 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/788.html#000003

I 'wish' we could get 1/2 to 3/4 from the brim but it's never happened, no
matter if we use WACF or CCF hooper.
Best I can do though is offer this-in Design shop, have your hat hoop selected
and showing. Flip your design after finishing it so it's ready to send to Amaya
without flipping it there-so in Design Shop you can raise it all the way up in
the hoop (closer to the brim in Amaya when sent)
This will save you a lot of hoop jogging when you load your hats.
When hooping (not sure if Herb, Ed, or Aaron helped me out with this but thanks
to one of them!) before you load the hat, bend the brim backwards to take some
of the curve out, put it on the hooping station, and flatten the face right
down hard as you apply the hoop/straps.
Then reach down underneath before you 'lock' the strap/bar and pull the back of
the hat firmly.
(the hoop making company I can't remember the name of has a modified hooping
station with a tension bar you pull-does this automatically!)
This pulls the face of the hat down better, and because you 'bent' the brim
back, you can pull the hat snug to the gripper and get an extra 1/2 inch or so.
Also, if the hat has a padded headband, flip that out-don't have it under the
face. Same with the 'cords' on some hats-flip them under the brim. Anything
that is under the face of the hat will push the brim 'away' from your
hoopstrap-getting your sewout further away also.