[amayausers.com] Re: Fill Letters

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:17:48 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1204.html#000007

"Trapunto" was a great and wise indian who could regularly be seen on those
commercials sitting on his horse crying when someone threw trash on the ground
back in the 1970's.....

Nah,.. just kidding.

Actually, "Trapunto" is Italian meaning "to embroider or sew in a quilted
pattern".

When we sew a standard "fill" type stitch with 100% coverage, you cannot see
the underlay stitches that were put down first.
However, if you were to sew a "fill" stitch that had less than 100% coverage,
you would start to expose those "crazy looking" underlay stitches underneath.

When you select the "Trapunto" option, it rearranges your underlay stitches to
hide them where possible - usually routing them around the perimeter of the
"fill" stitch and/or in the same direction as the fill's stitch direction.

Play with it a little and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck,
Ed