[amayausers] Re: Embroidery - Design Shop 2006 & Stitch borders

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <banksje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:47:16 -0700

Hi Cassandra,

 I get the same results. I did some playing around with it and it depends on
settings, trims in the lettering etc. What is it you want of the lettering
you are outlining to do? Sometimes there is more than 1 way to do things. If
I remove the trims you have entered into the lettering dialogue box, and use
the Trim if Connector Greater Than settings in the trim Properties page I do
not get the crash. I am not saying this is the right way to do it, it should
not be crashing with the way you have selected and this issue will be turned
in and fixed, but until it is I may be able to help you find an alternative
way to get the job accomplished?

 Let me know exactly what you want the lettering to do in that area? I have
noticed it is set to sew from the Middle Out, and you have closest point
selected. Do you want it to trim between letterers, or use closest point and
not trim? With it set to sew from the center out, the first word gets cut
off and the sewing order is weird? Also, what is it going to sew on? There
is no underlay, (I recommend a minimum of a center walk) and there are no
tie in or tie out stitches set for it. The alphabet being used does not have
built in tie stitches so I do recommend to turn them on.

Sincerely,
 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems