[amayausers.com] Re: Ehternet communications did not start correctly

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:41:54 UT

This message was posted by levelbest on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1429.html#000003

Ok, so when they "fixed" your computer. What did they do?  I ask because quite
frankly, the only way to really know you are free of viruses is to back up your
data files, wipe the computer and start fresh.

My worry is that often viruses effect the network stack in windows as one of
the first things they do - so sometimes in removing the infected files, its
possible the drivers or networking protocol was hosed.

This may be above what you are comfortable doing, but if it were me, I'd first
try removing the network adaptor from device manager in windows.  Then reboot
and let it find it again.  This may or may not work to fix the issue.

Which operating system are you using? XP, Win 7, Win 8?