[amayausers] Re: EMC 10T

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:07:58 -0700

Yes, just e-mail amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to send messages to the AMAYA group.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, Oregon
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dean Zellman" <mrstitch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 7:47 AM
Subject: [amayausers] Re: EMC 10T

Thanks Aaron.

Can I post question for the Amaya through my email account (outlook)
rather than login in to the freelist.org site?

Thanks again.

Dean Zellman
Mr. Stitch Embroidery

-----Original Message----- From: amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amayausers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Linen Barn Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 6:59 AM To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [amayausers] Re: EMC 10T

Dean,

Its not specifically for EMC's but the embroidery line at
www.embroideryline.net is a group who have every machine you can
imagine,
you might look into it as well.  Not sure if they have a group just for
EMC's though.

From: "E. Orantes" <e3m@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:23:45 -0500
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Roland,
Wise men say, and this is for all embroidery machines, that the
needle

should be installed in the needle clamp so that the eye of the needle

is straight front to back.  It should be perpendicular to the rotary
hook point as the hook spins around to grab the thread passing
through
the needle eye.
Very similar to the child riding the Merry Go Round horse reaching
out

to grab the big brass ring as he/she goes around (something I once
saw

in a 3D movie at Disney World).
The only reason you would choose to rotate your needle so that the
eye

of the needle would be offset by 5 degrees or so is to compensate for

thread that has entirely too many twists in it. Meaning that, as the

thread tends to relax from being pulled straight as the needle begins

it's upstroke, the thread would then twist slightly to the right (due

to the standard cone wrapping direction) behind the needle and just
out of position to be caught by the rotary hook point.  What you
would

experience would be intermittent missed stitches and then possibly
thread breaks due to an excess of top thread with no where to go, and

only on those needles with the twisty type thread. I was recently
working with some rayon thread from Madeira that was more curly than
not.  Although everything was sewing fine so we left the needles in
their original positions. You would never want to turn your needle to

the left unless your thread spool was wound backwards.  (I have seen
some out there). Also, I believe 5 degrees to the right is maximum
that is recommended. Very slight indeed! Ed

Ed & Maralien Orantes
E.M. Broidery
900 Terry Parkway, Ste. 200
New Orleans, La. 70056