[amayausers.com] Re: Deciding which stitch to use?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:39:35 UT

This message was posted by The Dog House on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/271.html

Hello, I am a newbie to this and I just got a huge order from a school. I don't
know if any of you are familiar with the "O" the Oregon Ducks use on their caps
and stuff but the school I got the order from uses that same "O". They had some
examples they brought into me and whoever sewed them used a full stitch. It
looks okay but I tried it with a satin stitch and it looks much better. My
question is if I use the satin stitch its more likely to come unraveled if a
thread breaks in the design or the person snags the design correct?Is there any
thing I can do to help make sure that won't happen? And when the design first
starts sewing the first stitch doesn't seem to be tight.Is there a way of
double knotting and the beginning of the design and the end to make it more
stable? If anyone can help me I'd appriciate your advice.

Thanks, Jennifer           541-212-1303