[amayausers.com] Re: DS 9 changing stitch settings

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:44:40 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/691.html

I'm running a repeat order, last time it was done was on the Big Red and DS
7...opened the design up to doublecheck settings in DS 9, and all the stitch
lengths (fills, etc.) had changed to 60-something I have never used. Had to go
through and reset everything to 25 for fill, 35-40 for underlayment (that had
defaulted to 25!!) So...another glitch in DS 9- opening old files it converts
them to something unusable.
BUT on the other hand-this is an order for Boy Scout neckerchiefs, very thin,
lightweight cotton. Worse than a teeshirt for thinness...previous orders on Big
Red had to have multiple layers of backing, on the XT I have one layer of
tearaway 1.5 oz. Presser foot all the way down...and it's sewing away about
1100 spm. Only puckering was on curved letters (C, O, etc.) and that is
minimal, no puckering on anything else. Design is clean, neat, and superior to
the original ones.
Way to go XT...! But pfffffppp on Design Shop 9.
At least it was easy to fix it!