[amayausers] Re: Computer Question - Anyone run both the OS and DS on one PC?

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:50:19 -0400

I run a Pentium 3.2mhz with 1gb of RAM and never get memory errors. My
suggestion would be to make sure you have at least 512mb of ram but more if
you run memory-hog programs such as Corel or Photoshop. I do run Photoshop,
Designshop, Quickbooks, and MS Office on mine and I must say the computer is
very fast on everything I do. Nothing right now can slow it down.

Steve

From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Computer Question -  Anyone run both the OS and DS
on one PC?
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 11:42:37 -0400

Lisa, I've been running them both on the same computer since day
1....have run into a lot of 'memory low' issues if I start Amaya
first before designshop-but it self corrects.  Didn't run into that
until 2 upgrades ago-then DS started calling for more ram than I had
available.
Plans are to do some computer rearranging if I can ever get my
digital printer/cutter program onto a mac-will free up a new PC and
then I'll run DS on that one and take it off the other.
It does slow things down if you don't have adequate ram, etc.

Roland