[amayausers.com] Re: Clothes for cruise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:58:12 UT

This message was posted by Steve on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/5/14.html#000004

Juli,
I have been on a bunch of cruises (Not Carnival though.) You will look really
funny wearing shorts at formal night. Everyone dresses up for dinner. This is
only time during the cruise you will have to dress up and you only have to keep
those clothes on from about 6 until bedtime. I have seen some people dress up
for dinner, go back to the room and change back into casual clothes.
Also keep in mind most airlines have a 50lb. limit per bag on checked luggage
and many are charging for the first checked bag as well. If you want to know
what airline charges for what, here is a good link
http://www.kayak.com/airline-fees  The airlines are very strict about that 50lb
limit too. They will not let you go 1 pound over so weigh your luggage before
you go (Keep in mind it may weigh more when you return if you buy stuff at
ports.)
It is not easy to get below that 50lb limit but I do it. Only put clothes in
your checked suitcase! Keep your camera, jewelry and anything of value in a
carry-on bag
I have always checked in one bag and brought a carry-on.