[amayausers.com] Re: Carhartt shirts

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:35:39 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/309.html#000001

This subject has come up before, and I see no one has answered you, but
Carhartt will not sell wholesale unlesds you have a storfront or the only one
in the territory or any number of things that they require, the best answer is
to find a replacement that's similiar, or have the customer purchase at retail
and you make money on emb. only with no out of pocket costs. or try to find
someone who sells and work out a deal to order through them, although I think
you will be dissapointed since I don't beleive they operate like the normal
wharehouse style vendor that we are used to in this industry, these retailers
place there order up to 6 months in advance  aqnd recieve it later, which is
why there often is the "what we've got is all we have" mentality.

It doesn't make the customer happy but we all have to learn that we can't be
everything to everybody, and that not everything can be easily attained at
wholesale prices. and if they want it they should just buy it bring it in and
have it embroidered. that way it is up to the customer to hunt down all the
right sizes and colors. one or two times of this and I usually have people
willing to listen to alternatives at that point! and don't forget to charge
more for embroidering on provided goods since you don't make any mark up on the
blanks.

Good Luck,

Ron