[amayausers] Re: Carhartt jackets

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:53:37 -0400

When we did the Carhartts, we set the jacket on our screenprinting pallet so
we could use chalk to mark the center line and alignment for the embroidery.
Used a seam ripper to split the bottom hem open, slid our second largest
wooden hoop in side with the 'screw' almost all the way open...then hooped
up on the top. Used solvy for a smoother sewout. After we did the back,
worked a small hoop in and around to the front left chest pocket for the
small logo there.
With the Sanmar Port Authority jackets, there is a hidden zipper built into
the jackets that makes it much easier! We had to pay $5 I think for a local
'seamstress' to resew the bottom hem in. The center hem down the back of the
Carhartts made it real hard-not just to hoop it but to sew across it-our
design was a large 9" circle with a flag, lettering, etc.-over 60,000
stitches. Sewed so easy on the sanmars-no center seam, smoother material...
have a couple of the jackets in stock for on the spot sales-wives buying
them for their husbands little 'home repair' business, etc.
Unless you want to embroider right through the quilting (and here in New
Hampshire you'll freeze if you do that) the clamping system is no good-no
place to stuff the excess jacket !
Roland