[amayausers.com] Re: Calibrating Center of 20.7 x 16.8 Tubular Sash Hoop

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 01:20:53 UT

This message was posted by edr on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/727.html#000005

QUOTE: ----- Originally posted by FME540:
Maximum sewable area on the Amaya machine is 41cm wide and 40 cm tall. That
translates to 16.14" by 15.75", And is only available in a full sash frame.
[/QB] ----- Hi FME540,

I thought the 20.7 x 16.8 tubular sash frame is the largest available for the
XT.  Is it not a full sash frame??

In determining the maximum rectangle I could stitch in this frame, I digitized
a rectangle and found out that the largest "rectangle" I could safely trace was
a 14.5" x 14.5" "square".  I know I can exceed a 14.5" width a very tiny bit as
the hoop widens with the curvature as the pressure foot/needle meets the center
of the long side (20.7" side) of the hoop.  I can understand where you would
get more sewing area if you are stitching the width of the shorter sides (16.8"
sides) of my hoop.  Hope you understand what I am saying.

May I ask is the "full sash frame" you are referring to larger than the frame I
am using?  If so, where can I get one?  I don't know what a tubular frame is as
opposed to a flat frame.  Can you please explain?  If the full sash frame is
the same frame I am using, how are you achieving a sewing area of 16.14" x
15.75".  I'd be very, very interested as many of my designs are at least 15" at
its widest width.

Many thanks!
Ed