[amayausers] Re: Business Accounting

  • From: "Lora Cameron" <Lcameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:44:49 -0500

John,
To the best of my knowledge you pay sales tax on what you have billed, not on
what has been paid.  If the customer pays after you have filed your tax, for
that month or quarter, and hands you tax exempt form you would take that tax
off the next period that is due.  This is what we do in Wisconsin.  You should
call your tax department and make sure, but I would bet the figure you get from
quick books is the one you pay whether the invoice is outstanding or not.  It
is part of your total sales for that period therefore it is tax due.

Lora Cameron
Sport Products Mfd., Ltd.
4756 Murphy Road
Oregon, WI  53575