[amayausers.com] Re: Brand new at this

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 03:55:15 UT

This message was posted by paulscyn on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/868.html#000002

Thank goodness all embroiders are not alike, but when I first became interested
in embroidery, (I live in SC) I went to a few embroidery shops in the Columbia,
Charleston, Summerville area.......and believe it or not all of the shop owners
treated me like I had a disease. Didn't want to answer any questions.....I
thought maybe it was because they thought I would maybe steal their customers.
I explain to them where I lived and was just trying to learn some things about
embroidery. WOW you would have thought I was trying to rob them. They were so
rude. But all was saved when I happened to go to an Ace Hardwhere store and in
the front of the store in a corner they had an embroidery machine (tamija) and
the lady who was running it answered every question I had and then some and
told me anything else I wanted to know come back. She restored my faith in
people. So if you go to an embroidery shop and they don't help you find another
one.......all of us are not afraid to share what w
 e have.....especially here on the group forum.
paulscyn