[amayausers.com] Re: Blending and file types for saving design

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:54:32 UT

This message was posted by ckramer on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1527.html

A question was asked about the blending tool to create effects in a design and
it was mentioned by Rod and Sharon, (who give awesome info)that one cannot save
these designs (and states in the help section) as condensed files.  We have the
option of saving as multiple files obviously, but Melco has the 3 choices
itself for cnd. exp. or ofm.  So what type of file is the ofm. and can one save
the design in that format?  I had some issues with colors myself, but had more
trouble with the custom density holding and I had saved it as an ofm. the first
few trys. We have DS pro + ver. 9  I really hate saving as exp if not necessary
as one cannot edit it near as easily without changing to wireframe and then of
course you have a zillion parts to work with.  Just wondering.....ofm file type
okay for these types of designs???  Rod??