[amayausers] Re: Battery Back Up

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:10:12 -0500

The one I use is a 1500va apc...
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=496788 and is $189.38 from
CDW.  You may be able to find it cheaper.

Honestly, it depends on what you want to do with it.  If you just need it to
keep power going until you can shut things down, you don't need something
huge.  If you want it to finish the job and then shut down... You may want
something with a little more power for your situation which is one more head
than I own. Still, 2 of the one I have is only $400.   I have one amaya and
one computer hooked up.  It's held up and kept normal jobs running till the
end.  In our area (a new development), power would go up and down a few
times a week.  My monitor and everything else non essential are hooked up to
the plug that filters the power only, but doesn't keep it on in the event of
an outage.  CRT monitors a HUGE power hogs.  APC has a bunch for less that
are in the 2000 - 3000 va range for less than $700.

Anyway, good luck with your purchase!