[amayausers.com] Re: American Apparel

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:02:54 UT

This message was posted by Wishes on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/440.html#000005

Sounds to be that he should go to jail.  I was a teacher in my former life and
took a group of students to American Apparel.  The company plant is beautiful.
Clean, bright environment.  Employees are mostly immigrants but get to decide
their own wage based on how fast their team is.  They have full benefits, funds
for their kids colleges funds.  They have a program where they lend bikes to
people and have a shop that fixes them when they break. They employee a plant
for garment construction and a plant that makes the fabric. Lots of jobs in
downtown LA garment district. Our impressions was very favorable.  Too bad
their boss is such a sleasy person.  I won't buy from them because their
catelogue is so sexual.