[amayausers] Amaya is fixed!

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 10:50:17 -0400

Herb, thanks for the help in figuring out the broken part a week
ago....it got here Wednesday, Brian was here Thursday, couple of
hours and it was good to go! Definitely NOT a part I would have
wanted to attempt on my own...few things got knocked off alignment
and I would not have known how to fix it.
Definitely a PLUS in the 'pro' column on anyone thinking of not
extending the warranty!
Just an FYI for anyone...it appears Melco has taken all the service
techs-and cut them loose as 'independant' contractors...no longer
direct employees of Melco! Makes a difference-they may no longer be
'stocking' parts even if you are under warranty-you still have to get
a 'service' call initiated from Melco and get the parts ordered and
shipped direct to you...will save time and $$.
The 'good' thing about the techs going independant...they can now (if
they wanted to) set up 'routine maintainence' calls (of course, at
our expense-not on warranty) for Amaya (and other machine) owners.
I'm going to set it up for 6 months after each 'warranty renewal
tuneup' just to avoid potential problems...worth the expense!

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx