[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya XT --fastframes

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:03:12 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/357.html#000002

I switched from regular hoops to the slimline system 2 years ago, and I do all
kinds of tote bags, knit beanies, fleece blankets, scarfs, and towels with it.
GREAT system to work with...you just have to 'prop up' ANY heavy or bulky
item-even use a 2 or 3" 'box' under the bobbin area wide enough to hold up all
the 'excess' material, like a blanket, sleeves and body of a big sweatshirt,
whatever..because if you just let it 'hang' it can and will pull out from the
clamp and screw things up.
As for tote bags, I don't even bother with backing on anything except real
'canvas' totes and then only the lightweight. All the nylon and 'boat tote'
heavy duty ones I just clamp them right up and away we go. Just remember to
flip your design 180 degrees!