[amayausers.com] Re: Advanced Fill Properties

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:53:56 UT

This message was posted by Ballyhoo on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/719.html

I have a fill that is the shape of the left half of an "H".  It is about 15"
tall.  There is no underlay.  The stitches run parallel to the left edge.  The
start point is on the bottom right of the part that sticks out in the middle.
The endpoint is at the top of the left edge.  The density is set to 500% (very
light).  You can clearly see each row of stitching.  It "should" simply start
at the right edge and sew up, down, up down, ... until it gets to the top left
edge.  And, that is what it does ... sort of.  When it fills the "connector"
piece on the right and gets to the taller vertical part it does a trim and
moves all the way to the top and starts again.  On two different machines, it
could not pick up the bobbin on the first row after the trim.  It is not real
relevant on the top and bottom, but in the middle where the "right" part is
shows a major gap.  [this is simple but hard to explain without pictures!]

I noticed in the the Advanced tab of the Fill Properties there is a checked
check box labeled "Allow Interior Entry Exit".  Help explains this as:

"Allow Interior Entry Exit: If this is checked, DesignShop allows you to have
entry and exit points inside a design."

Isn't that obvious!?  Does this mean that I can move the start and stop
locations to the middle or that it will randomly put a trim (stop, trim, move,
start) into the design?

When this is unchecked, it does not stop it.   Can I tell it to be sure to use
a tie off and tie in when it does this?  Auto tie and auto trim are set for the
element.