[amayausers] Re: A Personal Note of Thanks

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 07:58:24 -0600

Barbara,
I am attaching the latest instructions on thread feed roller lubrication.
Both the red pinch roller axles and the thread feed roller hubs need to be
cleaned and lubricated. These instructions show the "new" yellow style
thread feed rollers with the brass hub inserts. The older style black style
rollers are lubricated the same way.
If you are using the older style black rollers, inspect them carefully for
nicks, thread cuts, slits and wear grooves. Should you find any of these,
they should be replaced with new ones. Rollers as described, "are" a major
cause of thread breakage and poor performance from the Amaya.

Be very careful not to put too much side pressure on the plastic separator
housings between the rollers when prying the rollers up and out as these are
somewhat brittle and will break if you pry on them.

I hope this information will help solve some of your problems........

Rod Springer

Embroidery Cottage
Rod & Sharon Springer
Melco Amaya Tech & Trainer