[amayausers.com] Re: 07 XT w/70 hrs - $7,000 - 3 Yrs. Warranty Remaining

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:39:07 UT

This message was posted by Robbie on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/790.html#000011

Stacey,

I think that Melco's response is accurate for a machine purchased after January
2008 but not so for this machine.  The warranty documentation with this machine
states:

HOW TO TRANSFER THE WARRANTY
This limited warranty may be transferred upon written notice to Melco by the
original purchaser.  Transfer fees may apply.

My position is that there is no doubt as to whether we can transfer the
warranty.  The question is whether or not they(Melco) would be willing to waive
the transfer fee.  The representative that I spoke with said that it would cost
$600 to transfer it so I consider that a worst case scenario.

I'm happy to facilitate the transfer of the warranty and/or make the sale
contingent on the transfer of the warranty.

Thanks,

Robbie