[adtools] Re: pex-amigaos.c

  • From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: adtools@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:44:47 +0100

Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[...]
> Here you can clearly see that the change you are refering to was already
> done in October 2004 (version 1.3). In fact, it was a patch I received by
> Thomas Frieden which as far as I recall was done during the process when we
> tried to teach your GCC port to deal with unix pathes like it should have
> been right from the start. I think I remember that he partly used code
> from Olaf Barthel - therefore you can spot all that /* ZZZ olsen */
> snippets in the code.

Well, yeah, but the question was not _when_ the change was made, but
_why_.  :-)

> However, if you feel the code should be improved (especially the -pipe
> compatibility sounds interesting) then please provide us with a patch for
> what you feel changes are necessary.

Well, you already have my implementation of pexecute() of course, it's
available as rev 34 in the 3.4.x tree.  So to get -pipe back you just
have to revert.

From what I quoted above, it seems that the problem you had with the
old implementation was related to "unix paths".  Should I by this take
it that you wish for the path to the executable to run (argv[0]) to be
a UNIX style path?  While I don't really see a reason for this (the
case for UNIX paths which have been argued previously have concerned
include paths only), it should be simple enough to fix; all that is
needed is a call to __translate_unix_to_amiga_path_name() to convert
argv[0] into an Amiga style path that SystemTags() can understand.

  // Marcus

Amiga Development tools ML - //www.freelists.org/list/adtools
Homepage...................: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/adtools
Listserver help............: mailto:adtools-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP