[adaptivetec] BORP revolution

  • From: "Lauren Manierre" <lmanierr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nfbsf@xxxxxxxxxx, adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Hsia Dora - dhsia" <dora.hsia@xxxxxxxxxx>, "betsy shyu" <allbetsron@xxxxxxxxx>, "Bryan Bashin" <bashin@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Batchelor, Cydney" <Cydney.Batchelor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Geoff Brown" <gbrown@xxxxxxxx>, "Wendy Brown" <wbmft@xxxxxxxxx>, "Seth Houston" <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "rgrott@xxxxxxxx" <rgrott@xxxxxxxx>, Lori <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Micki Turner (.com)" <micki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mara Binkov" <maraland99@xxxxxxxxx>, "Samantha Manierre" <Smanierre@xxxxxxxxx>, "Keyatta Shade" <shade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 22:15:31 -0700

I will be riding a tandem, with my husband Ethan, this year in the annual
fundraiser for BORP, the Revolution
2007<http://www.borp.org/revolution/index.htm>.
BORP <http://www.borp.org/> (Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program) is an
organization that works to improve the health, independence, and social
integration of people with physical disabilities through sports, fitness and
recreation programs.  Graduates of their youth program are five times as
likely to get a college degree and four times as likely to be employed when
compared with all disabled Americans.

I has been involved with them ever since I lost her sight, and their support
helped me to continue to be involved in outdoors activities and sports, from
cycling to skiing to goalball <http://www.borp.org/goal_ball/index.htm> (the
official sport of the blind-a masochistic cross between bowling, dodgeball,
and football).

Any donations that you can make would be very much appreciated (and yes,
tax-deductible).  You can donate online at
http://www.active.com/donate/BORPRevolution2007/EWeker
, or you can give me a check, made out to Bay Area Outreach & Recreation
Program.  And if you're too far away to hand me a check, you can send a
check by old fashioned snail mail, with stamps and everything, to: BORP, 600
Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA 94710.  If you want more information about our
role in BORP and the Revolution, please feel free to contact me by email at
lmanierr@xxxxxxxxx <eweker@xxxxxxxxx>, at my home phone, at (650) 393-4338,
or on my cell, at (510) 393-2300.  You can also contact BORP directly at
(510) 849-4663 or revolution@xxxxxxxxx

Again, thank you for your support.

Lauren