[aces-caeeg-board] FW: ACES Handbook 2011-2012 ad contract renewal

  • From: Neil McPherson <Neil.McPherson@xxxxxx>
  • To: aces-caeeg-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:25:07 -0300

Hey ACES BOD:

Here is something I'm adding to the list for our first meeting.  We will
need to decide as an organization if we want to continue with CU advertising
or if we want to look elsewhere.

I'm forwarding all the documentation that was sent to me and I'll include a
little bit of my own 2 cents.

Having read the contracts and history, although I don't think getting 50% of
the ad revenue is great, it's certainly one less thing we have to do.  CU
advertising already has a standing arrangement with Friesens, who we are in
debt to, so this is also one less thing we have to worry about.  I spoke
with Kaylee Shannon, (President for Dalhousie Sexton's Eng Soc) and she said
they are a great company to work with as they just filled out a handbook
template, and the printer and CU takes care of everything else.  I believe
she mentioned that DSEUS made about $2000 from their handbook deal.

If we can find a company that would give us a higher cut of the profit, that
would be great, but that doesn't guarantee more money.  The reputation that
CU has for this sort of thing does seem quite impressive, but I would like
everyone's thoughts on it.

Danielle:

You will be the one working with this more than the rest of us, so I would
like your opinion on the matter.

Justin:

You said you might be able to find a company that would give us more profit.
If so, can you send the details to us and let us know?

Neil

  _____