[aces-caeeg-board] AEC

  • From: Neil McPherson <Neil.McPherson@xxxxxx>
  • To: aces-caeeg-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:11:26 -0400

Hey Everyone:

Here is some more reading material for your perusal.  The attachment is the
sponsorship package that U de M is sending out to get sponsorship for the
AEC.

Justin:

Here is something to sink your teeth into.  Have a look and see if there is
anything we can do to help get some sponsorship for the AEC and possibly get
extra funding for ACES.  The contact for U de M is Natalie Cormier
[cormier.nat@xxxxxxxxx].

I realize that some of you have not received a proper handover, and in some
cases no handover at all.  I've contacted Jill regarding this and have not
got anything back yet.  In the meantime, I am trying to contact some of the
outgoing ACES people individually to try and get something from them.

I've also attached 2 examples of letters that 2 previous Professional
Development Directors used.  Hopefully this helps you out Hannah and Salim.

As for the handbooks, the Dean's office is flipping the bill and sending
them out, which is good for ACES since we can't afford to send them out.
The bad news is that I've been waiting on the Dean's secretary to get the
cheapest quote and now I'm waiting for her to send them out using FedEX.
What I've learned from this when dealing with the Dean's office at Dal; you
want something done, do it yourself and then bill them for it.  I do
apologize for those of you waiting for handbooks; still can't believe
something that seems so simple is taking so long.

For those of you that haven't sent in your info to Bryce, please do so that
he can update the ACES website.

Cheers.

Neil

Neil McPherson

VP OutReach Fall 2010

Dalhousie Sexton Engineering Undergraduate Society

http://daleng.ca/

President

Atlantic Council of Engineering Students (ACES)

http://www.aces-caeeg.com/home