[aces-caeeg-board] Re: ACES 2011 Host

  • From: Neil McPherson <Neil.McPherson@xxxxxx>
  • To: 'Natalie Cormier' <cormier.nat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:48:34 -0400

Hi Natalie:

I hope all is going well with the planning for the AEC.  It sounds like the
logistics are mostly taken care of below.  I appreciate the sponsorship
package you sent, but I was wondering if you have asked for any sponsorship
from out of NB?  If not, let me know and ACES will try and help you out with
this.  There are a couple of concerns I have for the AEC.  I would like to
know when the website will have the information for registering and such.
I?ve had a few people ask me already.

How is the sponsorship going?  ACES now have a Director of Corporate
Relations, a new position that was created to help with securing corporate
sponsorship.  Justin Cooke is the new Director of Corporate Relations.  He
is CC?d in the list used for the ACES executive.  The responsibility for AEC
sponsorship still belongs to the host school, but this position is intended
to help with events like this.

I would like to get a detailed budget sheet for review.  I noticed on the
sponsorship package that you have $13500 in winner prizes.  I just want to
reemphasize that ACES will not take responsibility for this if the funds for
the winner prizes is not raised by the U de M AEC steering committee.  AEC
got into some trouble with that a few years ago.  I?m curious as to why this
is so high an amount.  I?ll be honest; I?ve never been to an AEC so I don?t
know if this is normal.

I would like to invite you to the first ACES meeting on Sunday November 28th
at 5pm.  The meeting should only last about an hour.  Some of the topics for
discussion at this meeting will be:

*       Goals for your respective position
*       Updated Constitution and Policy Manual
*       Handbooks
*       Handovers
*       ACES financial situation
*       AEC 2011
*       CFES 2011

If you have a Skype account, or a g-mail account capable of video
conference, let me know.  I think you could contribute a lot to the AEC 2011
discussion so that everyone in ACES can know what?s going on.  Cheers.

Neil

Neil McPherson

VP OutReach Fall 2010

Dalhousie Sexton Engineering Undergraduate Society

http://daleng.ca/

President

Atlantic Council of Engineering Students (ACES)

http://www.aces-caeeg.com/home

  _____

From: "Natalie Cormier" <enc2169@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, October 31, 2010 10:55 am
To: President@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Since no representatives from the Université de Moncton were able to be
present for the
last ACES AGM, we would simply like to know who will be the host school next
year (I do
believe it's us, but I wanna make sure); how do we go about mailing our ACES
membership
fees; and did we get Engendas this year?

Thanks, and happy halloween!

Natalie Cormier
Présidente, AÉÉGUM
aeegum@xxxxxxxxxxx