[accmemberdiscussion] Re: Dog Laws

  • From: Djsdosido@xxxxxxx
  • To: accmemberdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:21:41 EST

Good question.  I think the answer is probably pretty simple:   most don't
think............ at all.

What's the story here?  Was this breeder cited for  cruelty/abuse/neglect
and the dogs are now confiscated?  Just wondering who  made the decision to
take the dogs and why.

Rescue will go the way of the dinosaur in MO if rescue people have to pay
such high fees just to save animals.  Pretty scary..........

Donna  & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Visit me at _www.mydoublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)   and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by
shopping/searching through  _http://www.goodsearch.com_
(http://www.goodsearch.com/)  and _http://www.igive.com_
(http://www.igive.com/)

Every year of  dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)

In a message dated 2/21/2011 9:12:18 A.M. Central Standard Time,
colinwoodcollies@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Here's a new twist  on the ramifications of Draconian pet laws.  The Collie
Rescue Foundation  is trying to organize rescues to take sixty plus collies
from a breeding  operation in MO.  The dogs will only be released to a
state "licensed"  rescue, but we're having a hard time finding one because the
fee for obtaining  one is now $1,200, & the annual renewal is $400!  That's a
lot of  money & it has stopped most rescuers in their tracks.  We've been
working with one who spent $6,000 bring her house up to "standards", then
couldn't pay the fees!

Where do people think their  pets are going to come from when there are
none?

Brenda