[accessiblelinux] Re: accessible games

  • From: <aerospace1028@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:59:41 -0400

> Subject: [accessiblelinux] Re: accessible games
> From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 04:38:16 -0400
>
> Hi,
> I finally got around to installing tads2 and searching for some games.
> I am apparently not getting something. I installed tads2, downloaded a
> game, and it doesn't launch when I select it, also typing tads2 or eve
> tads in terminal followed by a file name doesn't work. Can you show an
> example? Give a link to a game and show how to install and play it? I
> ask this because I may have downloaded the wrong thing.
> Thanks
> Storm

> > 1. TADS:
> > The easiest, works out-of-the-box. just type sudo apt-get install
> > tads-2. To play a game, type t3run <filename> (see the end of this
> > e-mail for where to find games).
mea culpa,

to install tads (3) type

sudo apt-get install tads-3

this will give you the tads3 system which should be backwards compatible with
tads2 games.

two example games to try are ditch day drifter (http://www.wurb.com/if/game/65)
and return to ditch day (http://www.wurb.com/if/game/2357).  ditchday is a
tads2 game and return to ditch day is in tads3; the adresses are for Baffs
guide.  From the two adreses download ditch.zip and return-to-ditchdy.zip
somewhere on your machine.

playing the games:
first uncompress the zip archieves.

unzip return-to-ditchday.zip

You should now find a file called ditch3.t3.  All tads3 story files are given
the extention .t3.  to play this game type:

t3run ditch3.t3

to get a list of available options type:;

t3run --help

You can do a similar process for the t2 ditchday story file.
unzip ditch.zip

t2 games are given the extention .gam.  The command should be someting like:

t3run -t2 ditch.gam

If this doesn't work, give me a day or two to figure out tads-2 on linux.  The
commands are different they they were in Windows.

:-)
Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web.  Try  Bing™ now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try
bing_1x1