accessible-iOS bluetooth VO control device?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <accessible-ios@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:14:35 -0400

Hi all,
I recently obtained a speaker dock for my iPhone, and I love it - I can drop my
phone onto it, hit the physical play button, and my book starts playing. I have
volume, back, and forward as well, which is really nice, and the thing even has
a remote. However, this is only for media (books, music, and the like, and only
books read by an app like VDR or Read2Go). I'd like to be able to take
advantage of the physical buttons and other perks of the dock, but read
articles, mail, and so forth. Essentially, I'm looking for a small remote that
includes VO functions (flicking, read, pause speech, rotor, scrolling, and so
on) but that is neither a keyboard nor a braille display. I thought I heard
something like this demonstrated at a convention last year, but cannot remember
the name or any details about it. Does this exist? Is there an easier way I'm
overlooking to do what I want to do (namely, control VO, but not type, from a
wireless device so the phone can stay in the dock while I am anywhere in the
room)? Thanks for any suggestions.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx